Saturday, December 10, 2011

Speak Your Truth

#Yoga Retreat in Yosemite 2012


I am creative, caring and curious. I like to help people and make a difference. I am an author, blogger, health advocate, dog lover, avid traveler and a yoga teacher. I have a big dream, but I was afraid to do something about it until now.  I love yoga because it is what I needed and still need to learn how to be connected with my higher self. It helps me stay grounded. I graduated from U.C. Riverside with a degree in Business Administration, worked at Dun & Bradstreet in Hong Kong for a year before moving back to California to work. I taught pre-school for a year and earned my elementary teaching credential at Cal State Northridge. I taught at a public school and a private one. I was certified to teach YogaFit Level 1 in 2007 and at Yoga Education Institute in 2008 to teach Hatha Yoga. I have been teaching yoga part-time since then. Recently, I decided to become an entrepreneur and founded Fit-Twist. My mission is to empower teens and women to be healthier inside out. I have always been a writer. I wrote many short stories and poems that I hide in my drawer, only sharing them with other want-to-be writers in writing classes. I was afraid of the negative reaction from people close to me who told me that I should stop dreaming, be practical and get a job. Yoga taught me to overcome this fear and just do it. I am publishing my book to inspire others to believe in themselves and go after their dreams.


I recently shared my dream of organizing a yoga retreat in Yosemite next year with someone who is coaching me, but instead of showing support, she asked me why I wasn't focused on finishing my book. I told her about my idea to tie the book in with the retreat and using it to help others be healthy inside out. She challenged me to focus on my book first because I tend to tackle several projects or things at once, but being distracted may be the barrier to my success. I didn't want to hear the truth, but I took it in and realized that not many people have the guts to tell the truth. I thanked her for being honest and tough with me. Do you have friends or a coach who will be straight with you? If not, it's time to find someone who will speak the truth regardless of the consequences.


Thank you Karen Lee, Capture Your Dreams Coach.


PRE-ORDER MY BOOK NOW
 
Share

INGRID CHENG

Author of Dream: Creating a Better World    

No comments:

Post a Comment